10.02.2006

Covered in bees!

Eddie Izzard (seriously, watch his shows, folks, you won't be disappointed) devoted part of his "Glorious" show to a bit on jobs that you can't really just fall into, they have to be things you really want to be... like a taxidermist or a beekeeper:
"I want to be a beekeeper, I want to keep bees. I don't want them to get away, I want to keep them! They have too much freedom. I want bees on elastic so when they get pollen they come back here. My father was a beekeeper before me, his father was a beekeeper before him. I want to walk in their footsteps -- which were like this -- Aaaah! Aaaah! I'm covered in bees! Aaaah! Covered in bees!"
In any case, turns out that some people do fall into beekeeping, like this young woman who wrote a piece in the Guardian about how she took a class and then started keeping bees.

No comments: